Saturday, March 29, 2008

Prom and IR and Collage, oh my!

It's official. I have a date to prom. Me, the girl who most definitely wasn't expecting it. That's okay, though, because now I've got the three essentials to go--a dress, a hairstyle, and a date. Although the parents and I are going to look at dresses today...

International Relations. Wow. What on earth is the MLA format, and why is it necessary? Please, just let me write a paper the way I know how! Any other way, and I'm out of my element: it doesn't even feel like writing to me anymore. Adam came over on Thursday for a homework party (read: date) and that was... interesting. And I suck at arm wrestling. Boo!

Collage Concert is OVER. Yes, Nicola, over forever for you, but I'm sort of happy. Sure, VG was in the first half and Symphonic Band/Orchestra was in the second, but it's nice coming home after school and knowing I don't have to look stellar in under four hours. Shannon almost passed out during Wednesday's performance, I sat next to Oboe Boy for over two hours this week, and Dawn can't hear out of her left ear, thanks to my piccolo-playing skills. All in all, it was fun.

Today, the little brother's gone at a friend's, so Mom and Dad and I went out for breakfast (and dinner last night, and probably linner today.). It's been quiet around here, and I've got uninterrupted access to a computer without having to turn on my laptop! We're leaving in a bit to look at some dresses, as mentioned above, for the pageant this summer, and swimsuits for the same. We're also going to Lowe's for light bulbs. And since that's by 31 Flavors... I might be incredibly lucky today. This week is Spring Break, and my birthday's in nine days--very exciting. What are you getting me? :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SPRING BREAK ... YAY!