Well. Let's just say it's been an interesting few days, shall we?
Saturday was the pageant. Most of you were there, so I won't elaborate.
But I think I'm fairly happy with how everything turned out, for reasons I've probably expressed to most of you already.
So the end to that.
Sunday was church, and then Adam came over for the day. We went swimming, watched the Olympics, and ate. It wasn't our normal, he-eats-in-silence eating, though.
First came the gummy bears.
Me: (opens cupboard)
Adam: (points at gummy bears and raises eyebrows)
Me: Sure. Go for it, kid.
Adam: Really?! I LOVE gummy bears!!
Me: Fabulous.
Adam: (eating) Nom, nom, nom, nom...
Kyle: Uh, Adam?
Adam: (Nom, nom, nom...) Yeah, Kiiile?
Kyle: Are you... eating gummy bears?
Adam: (grins) Nom, nom, nom, nom, nom!!!
Me: (headdesk)
And then came the pizza.
Me: Here, want a slice?
Adam: Sure!
Both: (eating)
Adam: ...This tastes like Christmas. (gooney smile)
Me: ...What???
Adam: It... it tastes like Christmas!
Me: And what does Christmas taste like, exactly?
Adam: This tastes like Christmas!
Me: I... know?
Adam: Well. That was random. (resumes eating)
....<_>.
And then today, I asked my mother if she had heard Adam "eating" his gummy bears. She smiled, and replied, "Hey, he was makin' noise! No matter how weird it is, if Adam's making noise, I'm happy!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love you! Girls night next week? Maybe...
Post a Comment